View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #436
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sept 14, 2013
Blyth (3-2-2, 10th BSBN) at Workington (1-0-6, 21st BSBN)

We're 4:5 favorites on the road, which probably gives you an idea of just how bad The Reds have been. Like outscored 19-7 bad. The wildcard here is the referee, Scott Duncan is averaging nearly 8 yellow cards a game so far this season. We'll have to be a bit careful but will open in a 4-4-2 Diamond Standard, hoping to get some goals here.

GK: Dovey
D: Holden, Seery, Williamson, Groves
MF: Paratore, Whitaker, Ricketts, Sawyer
F: Clarke-Harris, Cofie
Available Subs: (Purvis, Mutero, Bembo-Leta, Morrison, McDonald)

5' - Darryn Stamp (remember him?) scores but it won't count, offside by a step
16' - Jonny Wright beats Dovey with ease (0-1), an inauspicious start
18' - We switch to Attack, have to generate pressure to keep them off us
29' - Stamp banks a shot in off the post (0-2), beat Williamson to a runner

Halftime - Abymsal. Can't f'n pass (56%), can't keep the ball (46%), makes it hard to shoot (outshot 7-1). Sub Mutero for Clarke-Harris (knocked), Bembo-Leta for Ricketts (knocked).

55' - Whitaker hits the upright with a shot in traffic
60' - Holden crosses into the box for Cofie ... it hits the keeper Taylor for an own goal (1-2)
78' - Sub Morrison (for Paratore, tiring/5.8), switch to Overload
89' - 2 mins added

Fulltime: Workington 2 - Blyth 1
Ugly. Just a really crappy performance. We solved possession (51%), we solved passing (64%), we just couldn't put the ball anywhere near the net (0 on target out of 6 shots). Not even 9 corners could help. And 7 yellow cards didn't help either.

Sept 14, 2013 (post-match)
The loss drops us back to 12th place ... and makes me wonder how we ever scored a goal against anyone all season. We're also fined $800 for failing to control our players. We've got a week to work this out before another two-match Sat/Tue sequences.

Dovey 6.6
Holden 5.9, Seery 6.2, Williamson 6.9, Groves 6.8
Paratore 5.8, Whitaker 7.2+1a, Ricketts 6.0, Sawyer 6.7
Clarke-Harris 5.8, Cofie 6.6
Subs: Mutero (45') 6.8, Bembo-Leta (45') 6.7, Morrison (79') N/A

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-30-2012 at 11:52 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote