View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #440
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sept 21, 2013
Blyth (3-2-3, 12th BSBN) vs Kidderminster (1-3-4, 19th BSBN)

They're actually 5:4 favorites even at Croft Park, apparently our poor show against Workington has the bookies questioning us in spite of having won both previous meetings between the clubs. We should be able to see them off here, but with three matches in eight days we're going to roll some different people out there & see how they fare on the first team.

GK: McDonald
D: Henderson, Jones, Paul, Purvis
MF: N.Smith, Mutero, Nwachuku, Clarke
F: Cofie, Lobjoit
Available Subs: (Groves, Davies, Clarke-Harris, Williamson, Dovey)

20' - Darikwa scores from a low cross to the post ... but was offside
30' - Lobjoit misses a wide open shot after a nice feed from Niall Smith
33' - McDonald makes a sliding stop to deny Darikwa
Halftime: Scoreless, despite 11 combined shots (6-5). We seemed overconfident early, especially up front.
50' - McDonald misplays a loose ball into an own goal (0-1)
60' - Sub Davies for Nwachuku, Williamson for Paul, switch to Attacking
62' - Lobjoit crosses into the box ... Davies is there and he scores two minutes into his debut (1-1)
74' - Sub Groves for Clarke (tiring, yellow)
89' - 4 mins added
Fulltime: Blyth 1 - Kidderminster 1
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I'd second guess myself more about the lineup except Davies was MOM in his debut, Niall Smith played okay in his debut, and Shane Clarke wasn't terrible in his debut. Meanwhile several people who are no strangers to the first team were pretty bad.

McDonald 6.3
Henderson 7.0, Jones 6.9, Paul 6.0, Purvis 6.7
N.Smith 6.6, Mutero 6.7, Nwachuku 6.1, Clarke 6.6
Cofie 6.5, Lobjoit 6.8 + 1a
Subs: Davies (60') 7.4+1g+MOM, Williamson (60') 6.9, Groves (76') N/A

Sept 21, 2013 (postmatch)
The draw moves us up to 11th. Trevor Mutero cries to the media about his lack of playing time ... on a night where he starts for the 3rd time in 5 matches. WTF dude?