View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 02:39 AM   #272
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Preseason Friendlies

-- We finalize our preseason schedule, with an intersquad game and nine other friendlies. It's a pretty tough schedule, as usual, with some good money-making opportunities and a confidence-building game at the end of the preseason.

July 9 vs. Dover U18
July 16 at Ipswich (England Championship)
July 19 vs. Olympique Lyonnais (France Ligue 1)
July 22 at Ajax (Holland Eredivisie)
July 24 at PSV (Holland Eredivisie)
July 27 at Watford (England Championship)
August 1 vs. Fiorentina (Italy Serie A)
August 3 vs. Sampdoria (Italy Serie A)
August 5 vs. Real Madrid (Spain LIGA BBVA)
August 8 at Margate (England Non-League)

World Cup 2022

-- In second round play, Holland defeat Greece 2-1 to advance, with both Shanon Andrea and Giorgos Gesios playing for their countries. Italy defeated Poland on penalties but once again, Gianluca Bolis doesn't get off the bench. Other teams moving on include the US, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Germany and Argentina.

Attendance Record Broken

-- We get a note that we once again break our attendance record at Dover, with an average of 15,081 supporters watching us play this past year. We hope to get a bit closer to our new capacity of 23,000 as we continue to move forward.

Barclays Premier League Odds for 2022-23

-- Three time consecutive champions Manchester City are once again favoured by Sky Bet, with odds of 5-4 to win for a 4th year in a row. United is second at 3-1, newly rich Tottenham skyrockets to third at 14-1, Liverpool is fourth at 16-1, Arsenal are 5th at 16-1 and Chelsea is at 20-1. With odds of 33-1, we are starting to gain respect all over the league (last year we had 150-1 odds) and we're projected to finish 7th this year.

-- We've sold 1071 season tickets thus far, with the board expecting to sell approximately 4900 this year.

-- I sign five new coaches and sack five others as I continue to improve our training setup at Dover. We are now rated at 4.5 stars right across the board for all training categories except for Aerobic, where we have a perfect 5 star rating. For the U18s, we're slightly lower, with ratings between 4 stars and 5 stars.

Loanees Return

-- Roberto, Jonathan Gauthier, Ryan Bodin, Andrew Stanley and Thomas Andersen all return from their year-long loan assignments. Paul Moses departs Dover and heads back to Manchester United. I wonder if the time away during the holiday will mend things between us, as I contemplate sending an offer to United for his permanent services.

Possible Transfer

-- I come to terms on a deal that would bring Mexico national team starting GK to Dover but I'll have to get a work permit approved first. If things go through, as expected, I will shed more light on the 24 year old.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 03-15-2014 at 02:41 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote