View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #283
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Fri. July 22, 2022

Preseason Friendly
Ajax (Holland Eredivisie) vs. Dover
Ajax, Amsterdam, Holland

Ajax finished in second last year in the Eredivisie and have won the league seven times over the 12 years of this dynasty. Mexican striker Jorge de la Torre is valued at almost £10 million and is perhaps their most dangerous player.

I'm going to start working in unfit players for this middle stretch of preseason games as I work to get everyone at full fitness. Holland native Shanon Andrea will start up front with Zoltan Bardi. Said Henni gets his first start at left midfield and Shaun Spall will start in the midfield. On defence, new arrival Daniel Traore will slot in for Rayane Hamon

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - I. Wilke
D - R. Gaucho, C. Contreras, D. Traore, S. Loucif
M - S. Henni, N. Cairney, S. Spall, G. Allan
S - S. Andrea, Z. Bardi

Ajax 0 - 0 Dover
Goals -
Assists -
Man of the Match - Luciano (Ajax GK - 9.6)
Other Dover Notables - Salim Loucif (7.4), Daniel Traore (7.0), Renato Gaucho (7.1), Said Henni (7.3)
Attendance - 29,340

We held 57% of possession and outshot them 25-9 (11-4 on target) - their goalkeeper Luciano was BRILLIANT, making countless breathtaking saves and deservedly gets an astronomical rating. Henni was very dangerous again and Shanon Andrea had a number of great chances, only to get thwarted by the excellent Ajax keeper.

Season Ticket Update

-- We're up to 3834 season tickets sold and expect to get to around 4800 in total. Last year we were at 4078 so that would be a nice increase in supporters.

Next Up

-- We face PSV in our second game on our preseason tour of Holland.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote