View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So, if I want to use a fully custom game plan, I have 18 points to spend on signing 25 players, including draft picks. I also have four more points to play with that I currently have allocated for in-season pickups.

I'm guessing that the draft is going to cost me 12ish points, so I really only have 6 points to spend on free agents, 10 if I want to risk not being able to sign any decent in-season players.

Looking over the roster, I would like to acquire starting-quality players at the following positions: RB, FB, WR2, WR3, C, RDE, WILB*

Most critical are WR2, C and RDE, because we have no centers, one WR, and one DE under contract. Sounds like the prudent thing to do here is to spend points on those positions, and go with draftees or free players at the other slots. Off to fix lunch. More in a bit.

*--Looking at the personnel on defense that's currently under contract, it seems to make the most sense to switch to the 3-4.