View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #612
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

June

There wasn't a whole lot going on during the break. Mooljee had enough matches to take the whole period off. Anil Mehul played doubles in Halle(500). Kroese wasn't there, and he ended up losing in the semis. This is one of those things that I'd do differently if I had it to do over again. Mehul's practice sessions are not as productive because he's better than most players at his ranking in singles due to playing mostly doubles in actual tournaments and the singles ranking sliding. I need to get him out there for some more events in singles when I can, but it's tough to balance that with keeping him fresh for the big doubles events. Could always just switch over practicing to doubles, but that wouldn't give him enough work and he doesn't have the endurance to do both. So I'm learning about how to best handle something new as I work my way through it.

Dudwadkar was also out of action. Sushant Chiba had a good showing at a tier-4 in Auckland, winning in singles and taking runner-up in doubles. Enough to at least maintain his status.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote