View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 04:59 AM   #11
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Day 3:. Winterset to Indianola.

Shortest day of the week at just about 40 miles. Realtively flat, there was really only one big hill, but a couple others where you just had to grind them out. They weren't steep, but were pretty long so had to just keep pedaling.

Since it was a short day, and we're close to Des Moines, there were a lot of one day riders today. The first eight miles were tough because everyone was grouped together. It's similar to watching videos of the guys in Spain trying to outrun the bulls down those narrow alleys. The road is totally filled with bikes, there's absolutely no place to go and you have to hope that the people around you don't do something stupid. After the first big hill things spread out and the fun part of the ride started.

I saw a guy riding with no hands today. Well, he had hands, he just wasn't using them. He rode that way for at least a mile straight. Showoff. He tried to convince me to do it as well but was not willing to cover any ER visit fees, so I politely declined.

The group I am riding with is Team Ibuprofin. The house we stayed at the night before made a custom welcome sign for us. It looked like a big ibuprofen bottle And let us sleep inside, use their shower and do laundry. That would never happen at home. Let 10-15 strangers have free roam of your house? No way. But out here it's no big deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote