View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its been a while since I played, but the way I always used to handle that when it was thrown at me were some of the following comments:

1) Since I am such an obvious choice, surely I would have likely been a seer scan earlier on as well. The seer is obviously not going to come out to clear me as a good guy this early on (and nor do i want them to), but if I was bad, then you would have to assume at some point someone is going to come and out me.

2) Perhaps I'm going strongly after a wolf? That killing me would help validate my claims and thus put too much heat on the wolf that I sniffed out? So keeping me alive takes pressure off of that wolf and instead puts the pressure on me. It then puts much less pressure on the wolf I'm hot on the trail of when the village does the wolves job for them by lynching me.

3) alternatively to #2, perhaps I'm just way off the track. Since I am an older and influential player, I am completely wrong and pointing people at the wrong place. So keeping me alive is helping the wolves because I am way off base. Since me being wrong doesn't make me a wolf by any means and just makes it more likely that I'll get lynched so the wolves don't have to night kill me.

4) Since I am so vocal and out there, the wolves assume I'm just a vanilla villager, and they are more interested in finding the seer/bodyguard/whatever role instead of taking me out just now..

5) The wolves might be trying to target people who they think the bodyguard wouldn't be protecting. Since I'm a well known player and often an early game target, they don't want to take the chance on going for me and getting blocked...

I'm sure there were others I used at one point or another.. these are just the ones I remember

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote