View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 05:25 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Lucio with a long pass to King.. he plays a great pass across the box to Duff who shoots.. the keeper barely blocks it.. it trickles towards the goal line.. a defender clears it at the last second.

25 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for a trip on the striker.

28 minute mark: Alan Smith gets a yellow card for a trip on Vitaliy Ivanov.

34 minute mark: Craig king gets a yellow card for tripping a player.

41 minute mark: Their keeper stops a flurry of shots by Smith, King, and Djemba.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Dnipro has over 24,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Eagles has had a bad game. I pull him for Cook.

62 minute mark: King has picked up a minor injury. I put on Ruud van Nistelrooy for him. Fletcher is tired, I put Neville on for him.

64 minute mark: O'Shea passes it long down the left sideline.. Duff can't quite get to it before it sails out of bounds.

69 minute mark: Karpenko passes to Melnyk in the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. it's past Howard.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

82 minute mark: Djemba feeds it down the left sideline to Alan Smith.. he crosses for Ruud van Nistelrooy.. the pass curves.. into the upper right corner of the net! He didn't mean that one! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

Game over. 1-1 tie. We win 5-1 on aggregate.

We each had 9 shots. We had a 5-3 advantage for on target shots.

Eric Djemba Djemba won MoM, 8 for form, 26 of 34 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 3 of 8 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 assist.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote