View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mexer and Z Junior both had 7+ performances for Mozambique in their 3-0 win and Portugal managed to win against Israel, wonder of wonders. Sousa is injured in a game in the youth match for Portugal and will be out like two weeks. Portugal can’t even beat Azerbaijan and just tie them 2-2. N Ireland makes it to the playoffs and Russia qualifies from Group 6 from the World Cup Qualifiers. Man – Portugal is out!

Reginaldo is out for a few weeks with a injury away in international land when playing the DRC.

Alright, Cup Match time

Joao Baretto is starting in place of the injured Reginaldo and Daniel Candeias. Time to play. I begin defensive since we are in their place. I try to pull off the pressure – we are underdogs here. Joao Barreto scores after Diego B found him off the side. He drove down the center, passes to the right and we score. 8th minute. Nicely done lad. They have a nice go of things but we stop their shots in the 17-19 minute. Freire collects a yellow at the 20 mark. They miss the DFK that follows. At 23, Freire picks up a knock, so I pull him for injury and the card for Rodrigues. Mariano injures one of their players. On a throw in, Junior swings it to Rondon deep in the right corner. He crosses it deep to Adriano, who springs past the defender and knocks it in. That defender he beat was the one Mariano injured – which just be coincidence. Or may have helped us spring Adriano for a second goal. Rondon intercepts the ball and drives for a counter and hits Diego, who dribbles nicely, but then misses the net entirely. We have put back a lot of pressure so far. Half. I remind them to not get complacent. Already we’ve squandered good opening halves in the season twice. They understand, except for our GK who looks stressed. I tell him he was fine (he was) and he’s back and happy. WHOA! Adriano gets the ball on a break, jukes and causes a defender to fall, hits Rondon, who lobs it over the GK for a goal. NICE! Why can’t we be this good in the regular season? Sub 2 – Rafa out for Joti. They knock down a corner kick in the 68th minute. 3-1. Sub 3 – Mariano for Sequeira. We almost had another goal off a break in the 86th minute. Game. Nicely done fols. MOM is Rondon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote