View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #458
Tyrith
College Starter

Generally, I agree with you hoops. This game strikes me as different in some major ways, though.

1) It seems likely to go longer, putting less emphasis on getting voting records early.
2) It's much more of an attrition war than normal, where keeping people on our side alive is more important than trying to establish a strategically dominant position rapidly -- all of the conversion possibilities make that much less likely.
3) There's a higher chance of getting a sniff of a wolf during the night phase than normal, with all of the stuff going on, and using that as a starting point instead. Granted, this means that if we kill someone today we could have a starting point for analysis. However, day 1 votes are pretty random and generally overrated and overused in terms of implicating people later.

All we have now is gut instinct and kill the people we sent outside to go on. In a game this complex I'm not comfortable just offing someone on day 1 for the sake of offing someone. BK's quote says, "especially in a game with no BG." We're in a game that, while there are multiple attacks going on at night, there are multiple opportunities to stop those attacks.

There's a lot more potential for analyzing the night phase to make at least moderately well informed decisions. Today we have nothing to go on, which isn't going ot be the case tomorrow in all likelihood. Then we can start our slaughtering spree.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote