View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #408
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, free agency wraps up, and we tie up a few loose ends, including starting C Hucke and a few other useful pieces. That's good. Didn't miss out on anyone. No holdouts, a few contract extensions, good stage mostly quiet.

Our draft evaluation... what the what? I dealt out of the first round (for an extra 2nd) and still got rated the 4th best overall by BenBot. Whoa.

My initial assessment:

RB Phelps was an afterthought pick, but looks like he might deserve a role, highly developed and in the right places

TE McKnight looks like what I wanted, a viable receiving option at TE, he'll compete for a place at the bottom of the TE queue, I prefer more well-rounded guys and landed a solid FA this stage

C Castillo looks good, not great (no longer max ratings), but might well be on track to grab the starting C job in a year or two - basically the high end outcome for the risky 2nd round pick

DT Grubbs looks like a marginal factor pass rusher, meh

CB Herndon - bingo, looks like a very serious contributor, a do-it-all DB who might get to 80+ in bump... excellent hit for the 2nd round

CB DeWolf looks like a rotation guy, good enough to fit in here or there, probably at SS, solid 4th round find

So...I'm not overwhelmed but this is a very good haul assuming we dealt for a future 1st here. Got a maxed-out long snapper at the end, too, as a topper.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote