View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #1998
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
I'm seven episodes into the new F1 Netflix series and it's really well done. I'm not even a fan of car racing but this series has me researching the upcoming 2019 season and I'll likely be sitting beside my son on the couch this weekend when the season-opening Aussie Grand Prix comes on. I think I'm even going to crack open Motorsport Manager for the first time in a couple of years...

There is the notable lack of cooperation from the two top teams (Mercedes and Ferrari) but if anything, it may help this documentary flesh out some of the F1 series also-rans.

Highly recommended.

I'm really enjoying it as well. Very well done. They really brought some high end cameras and did some good in depth interviews. In 4k, it's breath taken. It's not even in HDR, but it sure does seem like it half the time. It's just filmed that good.

A good recap of last season - so I hope they continue to do it. Maybe Merc will join in (though this year better to see the focus on F1.5), but Ferrari is incredibly secretive.

As for the Aussie Grand Prix, I'm still debating if I want to stay up to 3am to watch the whole thing.