Thread: One and Done
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

Season 4 begins. Most of our remaining original picks are up for new deals.

Up steps QB Kim McGregor. I don't want him starting next year...so I try to reward him with a big, long-term deal. Trying to use a little strategy here so I can keep him on the roster as long as possible, and since I can't imagine the cap ever being an issue, we'll pay what is necessary to get him to sign for 7 years. The best I can do is 5 years, $23MM. Disgusting.

RB Derek Lawless gets 3 years, $4.3MM. RG Peter Coleman wants a 4 year, $9.5MM deal and I want to give him more. His ratings actually look like one of a guy who I'd be going for in a normal dynasty. He won't go past 4 years, so we take it. RT Dennis Dotson is another very solid player, who gets rewarded with a 5 year, $23MM deal. DE Myron Riti signs for 5 years, $15MM. DT Mike Newhart gets 4 years, $15MM. MLB Eric Haslett has led us in tackles for 2 years, signs for 4 years, $9MM, which is a steal. SLB Raymond Turnbull gets a 3 year deal for about $7MM. Finally, CB Ray Connell inks a 3 year, $4.5MM deal.

We officially name Newton the starting QB. Let's see what he can do given more time. Fling will also be the starting RB in all situations. I'll be paying attention to how his numbers change with more of a workload. It's possible that how we had it last year might be the best scenario. Besides that, nothing else major will change.

And we go 2-14. Not worth the effort of typing out stats. Newton basically resumed McGregor's role as incompetent starter. McGregor came back in and put up some nice numbers. He'll be back as the starter next year, undoubtedly. Harris Powell benefited from McGregor's solid play, as he put up a 61-835-8 season.

Year end score - 33. Roster strength - 88.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote