View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: RB Tyrus Torres Powell and Torres are the good players here. Who gets the nod this year? Torres had 16 rushing TDs, and 4 in the air, for a 20 TD season. That’s worthy of an award. Add almost 1900 yards of offense and the great return man to the pot, and you get a great player.

Defensive Player of the Year: DE William Caldwell. Despite a year in which he was out for 3 games, he still led the team with sacks at 9, led the team with hurries at 19, and was second with 5 passes blocked. In a year when the defense was down, he wasn;t.

Special Teams Player of the Year: FL Preston Segreaves. I could give this to Goemz again, Sigman again, Segreaves, Torres or Reynolds, and they would all work. Segreaves had a great year in returning, not just because of the score, but also because of the great return average.

Heart Award: TE Leon Reynolds. He tied for second in special teams tackles. He recovered a fumble for a TD on special teams. He caught two in the air as a backup TE. He had the best KRB:KRO ratio on the team with 5 KRB out of 12 KRO. He was simply in a lot of places this year, and I want to reward that.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote