View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #410
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
I guess all kids are like that, we probably were.

Oh I don't doubt it. Luckily I had parents who were there to put me back on the appropriate side of the line & occasionally paint those lines with safety yellow paint if need be. That's the missing piece of the puzzle these days I guess, too many "best buddies" and not enough "parents". I don't find it mutually exclusive at all that I can absolutely lower the proverbial boom when necessary and still play Fallout 3 with him until 2 am while listening to Metallica & Godsmack. But the boundaries have to be the first priority regardless of the impact on the other stuff. Ultimately he can & will find other people to play games with, listen to music with, etc. but the boundary thing is a primary & essential parental role. My parents knew that, I think I've got a pretty good grasp of that, and hopefully he'll do the same with any eventual grandchildren someday.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-15-2009 at 09:56 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote