View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #56
Radii
Head Coach

We get an intriguing matchup right out of the gate. Top pick vs 2nd pick, new look Bulls vs a slowly improving Charlotte team.

October 28, 2010

Chicago(0-0) at Charlotte(0-0)

CHA:CHI
82:85 OVR
78:91 OFF
84:78 DEF

Chicago Scouting

PG Derrick Rose - 84 OVR - Great ball handler, good defender, good scorer. Rose averaged 17.3 points/7.1 assists a game last season.

SG Kirk Hinrich - 78 OVR - Slowed by an injury he picked up in the preseason. Hinrich is rated B+ as an outside scorer, B perimeter defense, B ball handling. He scored just about 10/game last year.

SF Luol Deng - 77 OVR - A solid 15.4 ppg last year, with Boozer and improved players around him this will presumably drop. Deng is a scorer though, B inside, B+ outside, not much of a defender. I remember Henderson owning him last year.

PF Carlos Boozer - 88 OVR - The prize free agent pickup of the year, 17.5 ppg/11 rpg for the Jazz last season. A inside, B- post D, A+ rebounding. Boozer will be a force.

C Drew Gooden - 70 OVR - 8.7 ppg/5.7 rpg last year, Gooden is easily the weak link in the starting lineup. That doesn't help me much though as Tyson Chandler isn't exactly the type to go take advantage. Decent inside scorer, good rebounder, not much else.

6th man and #1 pick in the draft Jordan Price is rated 83 OVR, B- inside, B+ outside, B+ perimeter D, A- handling. B+ Basketball IQ and B+ athlete, this guy will be great.

Another signing that got less notice than Carlos Boozer.. welcome the Bulls new backup center, 63 rated Kwame Brown!

First Quarter

Charlotte 24
Chicago 18

Solid 1st quarter. We lead the entire way. A Ray Allen 3 at the buzzer gives him 5 points to lead us. Henderson, Wallace and Felton all have 3. Padgett plays 10 minutes, 1-2 from the field, 1-4 from the line. He has the worst FT motion ever. Deng leads Chicago with 8, Rose with 6.

Second Quarter

Chicago 50
Charlotte 47

Not nearly as good a second quarter. We actually went up 11, 33-22 before Chicago went on a huge tear. But first the good, PF Samuel Padgett is the player of the half with 9 points/4 boards/2 blocks! Gerald Wallace is 2nd with 8 for us. Augustin 7, Felton 6, Allen 5. Luol Deng is killing us on Chicacgo's end. He has 20 points on 8-11 shooting. We haven't been able to slow him at all. Rookie Jordan Price is FAST. HE burns Felton multiple times, shoots 4-5 in 9 minutes and has 11 points.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 75
Chicago 68

And we go right back on top, leading by 7 after 3. Gerald Wallace dominates the quarter. He scores 12 and leads us with 20. Ray Allen hits a 2nd trey and gets to the rim a couple times, he's up to 14 now. Padgett misses some ugly shots inside, I was clearly forcing it to him a few times, he has 11. Deng only got 2 in the quarter, Price none for Chicago. Rose and Gooden both have 10 total. A great quarter for us, leading by 7 going into the last 12 minutes.

Fourth Quarter

8:50 to go - Chicago with a great start, Hinrich has 7 and its a 77-77 tie.

5:50 to go - Well, we've only scored 6 all quarter but its still tied up, 81-81.

5:00 to go - Chandler with a charger on our end, Chicago with a midrange jumper and they lead for the first time this quarter, 83-81.

3:15 to go - Ray Allen gives us the lead with a 3 point play, 84-83, before Chicago's rookie Price hits a 3 and then they score again after we miss, 88-84 Bulls, ugh!

1:25 to go - Allen misses two open 3's, Wallace with a charge and we are not doing well in the final minutes. 91-84 Bulls

1:12 to go - I don't take a lot of 3's with Felton, but wide open on a kickout I have to try it, and Felton drains a huge one. 91-87.

0:45 to go - Probably over... Rose with an incredible 3 point play, we get a couple back but its looking dim. 94-89.

The final 6 minutes of the 4th are a disaster and Chicago gets the win.

Chicago 96
Charlotte 89

Derrick Rose is the player of the game with 15 points and 11 assists.

Wallace: 20 points/11 boards
Allen: 17 points/3 assists
Padgett: 15 points/7 boards/2 blocks
Chandler: 10 points/7 boards
Felton: 9 points/3 assists
Augustin: 7 points
Henderson: 6 points

Deng leads Chicago with 22, Price with 18 in his first game, Rose 15, Boozer 12.

I might try to start controlling subs myself, its not the entire reason that I lost by my starters played about 3-4 minutes more each than I wanted and all of them were totally gassed at the end of the game. An extra minute or two rest in the 4th could have made a big difference.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote