View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #100
Radii
Head Coach

We hosted chicago in the opening game this year, Deng and Price hurt us as they beat us by 7. That was before I changed the sliders, hopefully we can compete pretty well here even with our injury issues. Chicago rates as a great offensive but awful defensive team, we'll see how that works out for us.

Mar 28, 2011

Chicago (35-38) at Charlotte(36-36)

CHA:CHI
77:82 OVR
74:91 OFF
78:75 DEF

Chicago Scouting

PG Derrick Rose - 84 OVR - 17.5 ppg/8.3 apg - Great ball handler, good defender, good scorer.

SG Kirk Hinrich - 78 OVR - 9.7 ppg/5.3 apg - Hinrich has a calf injury that knocks h im down to 66 OVR.

SF Luol Deng - 77 OVR - 16.2 ppg/6.2 rpg - B inside, B+ outside, not much of a defender.

PF Carlos Boozer - 88 OVR - 17.4 ppg/11 rpg - The prize free agent pickup of the year, 17.5 ppg/11 rpg for the Jazz last season. A inside, B- post D, A+ rebounding.

C Drew Gooden - 70 OVR - 11.4 ppg/7.6 rpg - Decent inside scorer, good rebounder, not much else.

backup PG/top pick Jordan Price is averaging 9.7 ppg and 4.8 apg. SG John Salmons has 6.1 ppg.

First Quarter

Chicago 24
Charlotte 23

Padgett picks up his second foul with about 7 minutes left. Hinrich has 8 for the bulls and hits two threes. Boozer/Rose have 4 each, both played the entire quarter. Wallace leads us with 8, he was playing the 4 some and easily getting by bigger slower guys to get to the rim. Diaw with 7, Augustin with 5.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 44
Chicago 42

This one has been pretty close the entire way through. We brifely built a 7 point lead, but they cut it right back down. Derrick Rose is the player of the half with 6 points/4 boards/5 assists. Hinrich still has 8, Gooden/Boozer/rose/Deng all with 6. Ray Allen has 12 points, all in the 2nd quarter, he heated up big time. Wallace still has 8, Diaw 7, Padgett with 7 too, all in the 2nd quarter.

Padgett picked up foul #3, he's only played 10 minutes so far. The last couple games i've played we played a solid first half and were down 20 in the 3rd quarter, so I am worried about playing well this quarter.

Third Quarter

At the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter we're down 53-46 and it feels like I'm falling apart in the 3rd yet again. Hah, we go on a 4-0 run in 45 seconds to make it a 3 point game again and force a chicago timeout. We fall down by 10 again but keep the deficit reasonable going into the final quarter.

Chicago 69
Charlotte 62

Rose and Gooden have 13, Deng 12, Boozer 10. Wallace is up to 16, another good quarter for him. Allen has 14, Padgett has 13. Wallace and PAdgett were the two big weapons this quarter.

Fourth Quarter

8:30 to go - 76-66 Chicago. We use a timeout, having trouble getting consistent buckets here to cut the lead down.

7:40 to go - 76-70 Chicago. Padgett with two free throws, then coming in behind Henderson on the secondary break after a good defensive stop. Down to 6.

6:30 to go - 76-74 Chicago. Two more stops, Padgett with a thunderous dunk, and then Gerald Henderson draws a foul and hits two free throws. I bring in DJ Augustin an Gerald Wallace, who had both been sitting, and sit Allen and Padgett who are exhausted, hopefully I can get the starting lineup in for the last 4 minutes or so.

5:45 to go - 78-76 Chicago. Wallace with a monster dunk to tie the game before drew Gooden finally breaks our 10-0 run. we're in the game now though!

3:55 to go - 83-78 Charlotte - Wallace took over where Padgett left off, getting 4 more straight points, and then Diaw sinks an open 3 and we have a 5 point lead!

3:30 to go - 83-81 Charlotte. We commit two fouls, they make 1, miss one and get the offensive board, we foul again and they hit two free throws. I call a timeout, get my starting lineup all back in for theduration.

1:30 to go - 85-83 Charlotte - a few dry trips on both sides, Wallace gets a dunk in transition and we take a 2 point lead with 90 seconds left.

1:15 to go - 85-85, Boozer with a dunk inside after a timeout.

0:57 to go - 87-85 Charlotte, Diaw with a 5 footer on a pick and roll.

0:30 to go - Still 87-85 charlotte. Deng misses a jumper, we get the board. Augustin tries a 3 coming off a screen and its no good. Chicago ball.

0:24 to go - 87-87, their rookie Price with an 18 footer from the left wing. Shot clock is off, we can take the last shot.

Ray Allen misses a jumper in the ifnal seconds of regulation.

Charlotte 87
Chicago 87

Gooden leads the Bulls with 17, Boozer 159he's had foul troubles and has a few less minutes than normal, still 27 tho). Rose 13/Deng 12. On our end, Wallace and Padgett are the stars, 24 and 21 points respectively. Allen 14, Diaw 12, Augustin 7.

We're tired going into OT, Allen and Padgett especially.

1st Overtime

4:30 to go - Carlos Boozer with a charge on the Bulls opening possession, he has fouled out! I call a timeout and sit Allen and Padgett, they are just too tired.

3:10 to go - Charlotte 92, Chicago 90. Wallace hits a rare 3(Augustin got off a screen and had a semi-open lane to the basket. Wallace had no one within 10 feet due to the defense collapsing). Hinrich answered. Augustin with a 22 footer to give us the 2 point lead.

2:35 to go - Up 92-90 with the ball. I get my starters back in for the duration of OT. Allen and Padgett ma not be top options though b/c they are more tired at the end here than the others.

1;30 to go - Still up 92-90, a couple empty trips on both ends. We have the ball.

1:03 to go - 92-92, Wallace misses a midrange jumper and they come back with a bucket in transition. I get a timeout just for rest.

0:48 to go - 94-92, Padgett scores easily on Kwame Brown, who is in there as a backup with Boozer fouling out.

0:45 to go - 94-94, wow. They get a timeout and get the ball at half court. Inbounds to Price(who is at SG) , he blows right by Ray Allen and hits a runner to tie it up 3 seconds into the possession. Ouch.

0;17 to go - 94-94, whew. Wallace misses a tough shot attacking the basket, they rebound, Price misses a 17 footer and Wallace rebounds. Our ball with the last shot again.

0:06.3 to go - Wallace brings the ball down himself, finds Allen, who hits Padgett going to the rim, Padgett hits a little shot off the glass and we lead by 2, 96-94!

Price misses a bad 3 as time expires, VICTORY!!!

Charlotte 96
Chicago 94
OT

Padgett is the player of the game, and as they mention it the announcers say "on top of a great performance, he hits the game winning shot at the end!" nice touch there, I'm constantly impressed by the announcing(when I'm not listening to podcasts w/ the sound down that is)

Wallace: 27 points/5 boards/5 assists
Padgett: 25 points/7 boards
Allen: 14 points
Diaw: 12 points/6 boards
Augustin: 9 points/4 boards/5 assists

Only 9 points off the bench. 0 from raja Bell, 2 from Gerald Henderson. I've been disappointed in Henderson a bit, hoping for a bit more from him with the extra playing time. He's still developing though.

Price was clealy the focal point of the offense late, but he only shot 6-13. Gooden 17, Boozer 15, Rose 13, Price 13, Deng 12, Hinrich 11 for the Bulls. Boozer's foul trouble was a huge deciding factor.

Very good win, espicially considering the playoff implications.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote