View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #372
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Just from a "I used to be on that side of the phone" perspective. Yelling gets you nowhere. But I do feel your pain.

I didn't see this the other day. I wasn't yelling to get results at that point. I was yelling because I was extremely pissed off and wanted to vent, and also because just maybe if enough people complain about their ridiculously poor support process that it will be improved. If this were any non-essential service(an issue with a banking account, credit card, etc), I would have canceled my service on the spot long before I lost my cool with these incompetent fools.

This finally got resolved today.

Saturday: minor storm, internet issues
Sunday: DSL Modem resets every 15 minutes, I replace every filter and phone cord in the house at the suggestion of support. We had a longer cord going from DSL to the wall than we needed anyway, so that's cool.
Monday: Service guy doesn't show but internet seems fine so I shrug.
Tuesday: Heavy Static on telephones, internet fine.
Wednesday: No dial tone on phones, internet fine.
Thursday: Service guy comes out, spends 4 hours working and says he found a cabling problem way down the line and fixed a number of line issues. All seems well. Hooray!

The service guy was great. I'm just venting about the incompetent phone support people jerking me around endlessly.

Last edited by Radii : 05-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote