View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #450
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Sorry guys, Forks over Knives is riddled with bullshit psuedo-science. It makes rather bold assumptions on a particular study that had many other variables in play. If you take from it "I should eat more veggies" then that's good. If you take from it "I must become a Vegan to live long", then that's not good.

I didn't see this movie. But my wife is a registered dietician and she's studied this stuff, the real science of it, and while I don't know what this movie is citing to, but it's pretty inrefuteable that a more plant-based diet is better for your health-wise than a more heavily meat-based diet and that processed foods can be quite harmful to you for various reasons. There's nothing "psuedo" about that.

It's one thing to acknowledge this, like Jon, me and many others I would suspect, and choose to continue to eat what they want for whatever reason, but it's quite another to claim it's not true.

Also, I don't see why deciding to be a vegan for health reasons (or whatever other reasons) is "not good"?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote