View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I send our Chief out to become a general. Giziga is a heavily forested area, so I won’t build any Horse Archers.

Let’s see what happens.

Severe winter is setting in as things run cold.

10 Mar 1445, Under the auspices of Chief/General Dygyn Dyaluncha, I send our 4000 troops to Penzhina.

11 May – We arrive. I see just the 2000 troops in Chavchuveny. They have not allied with anyone.

Our stability drops due to a lack of a casus belli. We have no real reason to send forth our tribesman and attack across the border like this.

Our army will arrive in a month or so.

18 June – Battle begins. Their Chief is also at the battlefront.

7 Jul – We have won and driven away half of their force in defeat and crushed the other half. We have begin the siege of Gizhiga while they retreat. We still have 3300 men.

1 Nov – Winter has arrived and our attrition penalty jacks up. We keep at it though.

4 May, 1446 – After a siege of almost a year, we have captured the full towns of Gizhiga.

I have two major options – vassalize or annex.

I annex them.

Post war we are down to 18 gold. I disband 1000 troops to keep myself at a decent 3k. For now I’ll keep the province at 3000 troops at 100% maintenance to prevent the large chance of rebellion from the local tribes.

Gizhiga – 1 tax value in the fur trade in this Kamchatkan Shamanist province. Makes less than one gold annually. Unrest right now is 13.4% and it has an autonomy of 50%.

I increase our stability back to 0.

The Khodynt have a claim on Gizhaga. That might be another problem in the future. I begin to curry favor with Chukchi and Ainu.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote