View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 25, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Harrogate Town in our final friendly before the EPL seasons starts!

I'm moving Stewart out of the starting lineup and putting Spiller in. Otherwise I'm leaving my starting lineup in to play 60 minutes (since we have over 2 weeks til the season starts.)

Harrogate is now playing an interesting 3-4-3. In this game they have the following lineup:

GK: Richard O'Connor
DC: Joe Barnett
DC: Trent McClenahan
DC: Craig Morgan
ML: Andrew Wright
MC: Sammy Moore
MC: Steven Brogan, a good young Scotish player
MR: Stephen Cooke
FL: Andy Farrell
FC: Jermaine Palmer
FR: Jamie clarke

It is gratifying to see so many of my acquisitions are still with the club.

5 minute mark: Teale passes into the box to Begeorgi.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. nice save by O'Connor.

14 minute mark: Paulista crosses to Benayoun who hits it on the half volley.. O'Connor dives.. blocks the shot.

22 minute mark: Morgan with a good defensive play against Begeorgi.

25 minute mark: Benayoun passes to Teale who dribbles down the pitch.. into the box.. shoots.. wide left by inches.

28 minute mark: Benayoun passes it to Paulista just outside the box.. he shoots.. hard curving shot.. nice save by O'Connor.

40 minute mark: Teale passes to Mansare just outside the box.. good shot.. O'Connor punches it over the bar.

44 minute mark: Mansare with a great dribble down the left sideline.. crosses to Paulista in the box.. he heads it.. into the crossbar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Harrogate has a full house with 3795 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Mansare burns two defenders.. dribbles in towards the box.. then crosses for Benayoun in the box.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!! 1-0.

65 minute mark: Morgan passes long to Jermain Palmer.. he burns my defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. Paddy with the save.

I sub in the second team a bit later than planned.

71 minute mark: Lunt is tackled hard by Cooke.. Lunt is hurt. I have to put Hudell on for him.

Game over. 1-0 win.

Benayoun looked particularly good today.

We outshot them 21-4 (9-1 on target)

Richard O'Connor had a 9 for form and won MoM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote