View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Week 4
UTEP also becomes serious about Shannon Heybach. They offer him a scholarship. So does Louisiana-Monroe, who just contacted the kid this week. ULM is about the same as the other schools in terms of academics and prestige. Heybach must be a little disappointed that he is not getting offers from more academically-prestigious schools, but 3 scholarship offers are nice.

Week 7
Shannon Heybach takes the long trip to the Southeast to visit Louisiana-Monroe. ULM has one of the worst run defenses in D-I, so Heybach is probably thinking that he can get some serious playing time there sooner rather than later.

Week 8
Heybach is collecting some serious frequent flyer miles, as he visits Eastern Michigan and UTEP in Week 8. The favorite so far seems to be UTEP, with whom Heybach would have a chance to play at Hawaii.
HS stat update: 9 games, 53 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 0 interceptions.

Week 9
We have a commitment! Shannon Heybach has accepted a scholarship offer from the... Eastern Michigan Eagles! What a shocker. I thought he would have gone to UTEP. I guess he prefers Ypsilanti to El Paso. Anyway, congratulations to Mr. Heybach. Make Moanalua proud.