View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 09:45 AM   #39
Radii
Head Coach

Tuesday

Game 1: Played Yasuo/Kaisa again from a pretty strong opener, but this was a triple prismatic game and while I hit a solid board, my level 7 spot was difficult while some other folks were highrolling out of their minds. In most games this would top 4, maybe even go 3rd, but here it's a 5th. I think I made some better early game decisions based on the coaching session, but level 7 is just HARD, and this one was extra tough. 5th: -10 (D3 64 LP)

Game 2: More Yasuo/Kaisa, I was able to recognize that I was strong enough at level 7 to stop rolling and that helped me go 8 with enough gold to roll and eventually to hit 9. This game may have been a 3rd or 4th previously but was a 2nd to a capped out warwick augment. Feels good! 2nd: +32 (D3 96 LP)

A top 4 in my next game would promote to D2.

Game 3: Another triple prismatic lobby. I built another extremely strong kaisa/yasuo board... except that my kaisa items were not ideal. I got Ahri but not Ahri 2, and all the way at the end of stage 5 there were still 7 people alive. 6 of us were at one life, and my kaisa got zephyr'd which caused me to go 7th. Extremely unfortunate. I think I played is very well, overall. Other than not dodging that one zephyr. 7th: -40 (D3 56 LP)

Triple Prismatic lobbies are always wild, extrodinarily high variance, and 2 of these 3 games have been triple prismatic. I think I'm playing really well and implementing new things pretty nicely. Hopefully we don't get that anymore.

-- I ended up not feeling great in the evening and didn't play any more games, unfortunate, b/c I was excited to play a ton after the coaching.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote