View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #174
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I might have to try this biking to work and back thing. I actually drove a route I think I could go where there would be minimal car traffic. Do you just carry a backpack with your clothes in it? Do you have a bike lane your entire way? I am sure its easier in a town like DC as opposed to Memphis which is behind the times. Plus I live and work in the suburbs.
DC Metro area is really bike friendly, so I am fortunate to have bike lanes and multi use paths all the way in to the city. Once I get in to the city it gets a little dicier, but I have a couple of solid routes and there are a lot of bike lanes.

I am mostly taking my road bike in right now, so I carry a backpack. For a long time I commuted in on a Trek hybrid. It works great for commuting because it can be fitted with a rear rack to which you can fit panniers (fancy name for saddle bags). At some point I will probably go to a mix of what I use now (drop handle bars, thinner tires) and then (rack capability). That probably means a cyclocross bike. If I was starting from scratch, I would definitely get a cross bike.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote