View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #1413
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I'll be following Crystal Palace and rooting for them for this simple reason, haha. Also, FM question here: Chelsea, Man U, and Man City and pissing me off with their frickin buys. I've never finished higher than around 10th, but this season I'm second to Chelsea half-way through the season. Chelsea onyl has one loss and one draw, and it'll be near impossible to catch up. Is there any reward to finishing in the top 3? How does one get entered into the other various cups that I see teams like Chelsea, Juventus, Real Madrid, etc constantly participate in?

Breaking into 'Europe' is a big deal in football, the European competitions (esp. Champions League) are where the big money is .... this also leads to being able to sign the very top players as they generally are only interested in clubs competing in these competitions.

(the first time you do it you might be able to snare a few of the better older players who are struggling to hold down places at the biggest teams, but if you can consistently achieve a European Cup place then eventually you might be able to compete against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc. directly ...)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote