View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Paris Saint-Germain have made a bid for Canela, worth 22.5 mill. I mentioned it when I signed him, that has the look of someone that I’ll bring in, and then someone will break the bank to move him to their club. Now, I don’t need the cash, obviously. I could just flip him and go get someone else. My emotional attachment to him is less than with others. For example, suppose I could dicker them up to 30 mil, and then go sign his replacement for 3 or 4 or something. Or, I could just develop the DL youth guy I signed from Estoril who is coming here in two days. Bruno Marques. He’s not ready though.

Let’s look. Dimano has another of the great Italian young stars – Omar Montesi, 19, DL been capped 3 times for them in the summer. He’s a great DC, and can play DL too, but the stats aren’t as good there- lower crossing for example. He’s also very, very cheap, and frankly, I could bring him in at the DL for a bit, train him, and then when Strandberg is done, slide him over to DC beside Costa. I could also sign a great DR and just move Rodrigues over, I trained him well.

A recent magazine rated but Canela and Rodrigues as two of the Top Ten young fullbacks in football. Rodrigues was 1st and Canela 8th. Or I could sign some bum for a couple of years as a solid patch, develop Bruno Marques to have it later.

And I don’t have to make any changes at all. Canela works, my team works, why mess with it? I know, I’m the mad tinkerer, but still.

End of 2018

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote