Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #342
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I wouldn't tone down the military points any. Just get a bit more experience, and a feel for how the different elements come together for a really big score. You can completely ignore military, and come away with a win. You can also invest just enough to keep your neighbors honest and even sneak in a victory chit or two, if they take you for granted. There are a number of threads regarding this on the Seven Wonders forum on BGG. Check them out, I think the game is pretty well balanced.

Definitely agree with this - I think the military part of the game is well balanced with the rest - it's just that when you first start playing, some elements (like military, or science) may seem to dominate because that's how that game played out. As you play more you'll see that there are a lot of ways to win - specializing in one area can help, but you can also win (and I have multiple times) by just getting average points in many areas.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote