Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 08:27 AM   #20
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fight Night -

I told Omar to relax, and do what he feels comfortable with. I told him not to force the pace and to let Solano come to him. If he finds an opening, exploit it, and if he gets him hurt to take him out. Don’t worry about his power, you have more.

Here we go!

Things didn’t start out very good in the first round. Solano came charging out of the corner and landed blow after blow on Omar. In fact, Omar looked bad. By the middle of the round he had done nothing and figuring that he might be scared I screamed at him to take the fight to him. With Omar coming forward he seemed to gain confidence and it was obvious that his blows were having some effect. Solano landed less and less punches and Omar ended the round with the advantage. Overall though I told him that he lost that one, but that he needed to start the next round the way he finished the last one.

Things went better in the second round but Solano still landed way to many punches. I hate to open Omar up in the 3rd but when you are down 2 rounds in a 4 round fight what can you do?

In between rounds I told Omar to go for it! Take the fight to him, chase him down and make him pay. Omar owned the 3rd round but still took a lot of damage in the process. The round was decidedly his. Now, if we can win the last round, hopefully the judges will see things our way. More of the same to come.

The 4th round of the fight didn’t start the way I wanted it to, as Solano came out good, and landed the majority of the blows. Omar responeded though and landed some big blows and combos. In fact he continued to take control of the fight and had Solano reeling. If this fight had gone on another 30 seconds the ref would have had no choice but to stop it and award the TKO to Omar. Hopefully the judges saw it that way.

J1: 39-38 Acevedo

J2: 38-37 Solano

J3: 40-37Acevedo

Omar Acevedo grabs his first win with a split decision win over Solano. More celebrating and a much needed break to come. We grabbed a 40k payout from the bet that was placed and over 300k from the purse.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote