View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #20
revrew
Team Chaplain

I work in politics and public relations. It's not all I do, but a part of my job is being a spin doctor. And it always amazes me (and, frankly, discourages me) to see how both "sides" of an issue in America seem to create their talking points and arguments just to get their "side" pi$$ed off, rather than creating talking points that genuinely speak to the other "side" and encourage real, cooperative problem-solving.

And since I know one "side" of this debate is convinced this is a major problem, I would like to extend an olive branch and an opportunity to engage in meaningful problem-solving.

So, here's my question:

I'm not swayed by climate change alarmism. I've been desensitized by doomsday predictions and guilt-tripping. The usual talking points won't move me an inch. But I have genuine concern for the environment. I'm all for reducing pollution. I find the oceans of plastic in our oceans to be horrifying. And I'd love to leave my grandchildren a better planet. So, regardless of how bad climate change may or may not be ... what can you propose that we actually DO about it?

I've been turned off by proposals I've heard, led by U.N. think tanks that want to pitch wealth redistribution schemes or economy-killing restrictions. I've been jaded by lobbyist-led boons for "green" energy companies that provide more kickback and corruption than they do environmental benefit. I don't believe a "carbon tax" represents anything more than an escalation in the arms race between "big business" and "big government." But I'd like to hear some real, honest, solutions that prioritize environmental improvement over geopolitical agendas.

So, what do you propose we DO about it?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote