View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #316
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer League County Championships

-----------------------------------------------------------
Bailey

I’m not sure what happened with Bailey during this meet. I don’t know if she was tired from getting up so early, she didn’t have energy because she didn’t eat well (she rarely does when she gets up early), or she just wasn’t in the right frame of mind, but she didn’t have a good meet. My opinion is that she went into this meet knowing it was a long shot for her to make the State Team, and so she swam poorly because she wasn’t as motivated…

200 Medley Relay – Bailey swam the fly leg, but before she ever hit the water the team was DQed, as the Breaststroker 1 hand touched the turn. Had they not been DQed they would have ended up ninth. The A relay team came from behind in the freestyle leg to win. Bailey friend Rayley swam awesome to get the gold for the team…

200 Free Relay – Bailey was the anchor on the B Free Relay…they were missing Caroline (at a year round meet in Auburn), who would have made about a 5 second difference in the final time…and so they settled for eighth, Bailey swam a 30.33 leg, which is slow for her in a relay. In the short course state championship meet and the northern divisionals she was swimming spits in the 29s. The A free relay also won the event…but, and this is where I get a bit irritated with summer league and hand timed events, the second swimmer (slowest time of the 4) swam a spit of 31.72. I’ve known all year that Bailey was faster than Cameron, but didn’t want to cause any problems…and this just supports my opinion. We like Cameron a lot, but Bailey belonged on the A relay and would have gotten a gold medal if she were on it, as it is, she gets nothing for the event.

50 Free – Bailey needed to get in the 29s to be assured of a stop on the Free Relays for state…and she posted a time of 30.33. No that isn’t a mistyping and yes I’m looking at the correct event…Bailey’s 50 free time matched her 50 free split from the relay exactly. Interestingly Cameron’s split in the 50 free was a 31.81…only .1 second slower than her split in the relay, and further illustrating the fact Bailey should have been on the relay. So I estimated Bailey needed to be a 29 high to make the relay…as it turns out, for the kids going to state Bailey ended up 13, 1 away from the relay…she actually needed to beat a 30.22 to get in…

100 IM – Bailey’s IM seemed sluggish. She wasn’t crisp with any part of it, including the fly as she was sixth to the wall in the opening turn. She finished eighth overall and added a couple of seconds to her time.

50 Fly – Bailey’s fly was also sluggish. She didn’t seem to have the drive she typically does in this event. She finished eighth and added about a second and a half to her time…
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote