View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #337
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

2013 SCAT Fall Invitational @ GaTech 10/5 -10/6

Brett

200 IM – 2:56.92 – this one will be interesting as Brett is doing much better and his stamina is better, but his fly is still a work in progress (read slow).

100 FR – 1:09.04 – been doing good in free at practice during the interval training (even Bailey has said so…then it has to be true, because Bailey hates to complement Brett)

50 FL – 38.41 – see the 200 IM…also there is no 50 Fly at state anymore for Brett’s age group, so I’m guessing he’s in this race because he’s really not capable of swimming/racing longer Fly events and this one is a way to get his strength up.

50 BR – 38.38 – Brett isn’t doing the 100 Breast, because he just swam it last weekend. Not sure why he’s doing the 50 over the 200…

200 FR – 2:29.65 – Again, Brett’s free has been better at practice so he could improve here.

50 FR – 32.88 – Brett will set a goal to get under 30 seconds in this, but he won’t improve that much. Much of his improvement in the free mentioned above is stamina based and the ability to stay near top speed for longer periods of time, not the fact that his sprints are actually considerably faster. I’m guessing he’ll improve, but only by about a second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

200 IM – 2:52.71 - Bear’s fly is starting to come together. Rhythm and timing is better, but the problem is he doesn’t have the stamina to maintain it for longer races. Not sure it will hold up here. Breast looks better and the back kick is much stronger (saw him at practice doing SLOB (Stream Line On Back). And he was passing a bunch of people.

100 Breast – 1:37.02 – Breast looks better, is it faster?

200 Back – NT – entered with a no time, but I’m pretty sure he has an old time in this one. His back looks pretty good, I expect a decent time here as long as he doesn’t revert back to his fishtail motion in this race.

200 Free – 2:30.79 – Bear has been working really hard in practice, and especially on the longer sprints. He’s still in that pudgy growing stage, but he’s pumped about the longer frees. He’s already said he’ll sprint the entire thing. We’ll see if he can hold up.

100 Fly – 1:26.59 – My bet…if he’s not too worn out at the start is he’ll have a nice opening 25…a good first half of the second 25, then things will slowly start falling apart. Actually wouldn’t surprise me if he got DQed…the new fly is much shorter/quicker moves and I don’t think he can do it for a 100…

500 Free - 6:36.38 – Bear says he’s going to sprint this the whole way. He’s already told me he did a 6:18 at the end of practice during interval training early this week…I’m not sure how much energy he’ll have left at the end of a 2 day meet with some tough events on the second day, but it will be interesting to watch.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

200 IM – 2:49.98 – Bailey has tried to convince herself that she likes the longer / tougher swims. So she states she’s looking forward to this one. I think she’ll do well and as has been the case for a couple of years it will come down to Breaststroke. If it improves she’ll post a really good time.

100 Breast – 1:34.77 – don’t know what to expect. Her Breast kick sets are pretty fast, but when she swims the stroke something gets lost in translation and her speed disappears. I know it is a timing issue, but I don’t think she has it resolved yet.

200 Back – NT – Like Bear, I think she has a time, but I don’t know what it is off the top of my head. If her turns and starts are good, I expect a significant improvement here.

200 Free – 2:31.13 – she’s done ok in her intervals in practice, so she should improve here

100 Fly 1:15.17 – She’s really looking forward to this one, she is hoping to go under 1:10, I think 1:12 would be a pretty good goal.

100 IM – 1:17.43 – with a good start and turns she could drop a good bit of time here, if she isn’t too tired.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote