View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #351
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

2013 Gold Esperanto Invite - RESULTS

Bailey

200 Medley : 2:42.17 – She expects a drop here
RESULT: Got a drop of 3.59 seconds…Breast looked better. This is also a State Cut…2:38.59

50 Free : 30.19 – Doesn’t talk about her Free much right now, so not sure where she stands on this one.
RESULT: Like Brett, terrible dive did her chances of improvement in, but still swam right on personal best time 30.26

1000 Free : NT – currently two swimmers from getting into this event. I think she’ll have to swim it though, she’s apprehensive…
RESULT: She said she hated this race, and she was very grumpy when she finished. I think she was a little embarrassed because she didn’t match Bear’s pace, and the coach told her she didn’t do great…that she could have done much better. Regardless, I thought her 13:16.14 time was good…and it was good enough for a state cut (though I don’t think she wants to swim it at state…)

200 Free : 2:31.13 – See the 50 Free, but her increased practice reps, should result in an improvement here.
RESULT: Huge improvement. Dropped 5.70 seconds for a 2:25.43

200 Back : 2:43.82 – Says her back is getting better…
RESULT: like the 200 Free she had a huge drop…almost 6 full seconds..2:37.83 and her third state cut of the meet.

200 Fly : NT – Anxious about swimming this one, but Coach told her that if she swims it the way he expects, she could challenge the sectional cut…he expects her to get the state cut. Did work with her on Breathing every other stroke on fly for this race in particular.
RESULT: Went into it pretty confident and it showed. She had to swim against older kids because she was in the open, and she hung with girls 4 and 5 years older than her. She finished with a 2:44.95…and her forth state cut. In fact, this swim was so good she got her 12 year old state cut as well. This also meets one of her goals for the year (FINISH A 200 FLY)

400 Medley : NT – swam it in long course, and has been chomping at the bit to do it short course. For a girl that doesn’t like long swims, she is pumped for this one.
RESULT: She was excited, but tired…she did well posting a 5:40.47 for another state cut.

100 Free : 1:07.57 – Don’t know what to expect, but a guess would be about a full second drop.
RESULT: My guesses aren’t always this good 1:06.62…

100 Back : 1:16.96 – see 200 Back
RESULT: Like the 200, her comment that her back was getting better was dead on…dropped 3.57 seconds, finished with a 1:13.28 and just missed a state cut by .09 seconds…

100 Breast : 1:34.77 – she might be finally ready to break her really old Personal Best here…
RESULT: A huge improvement over her recent breaststroke swims. She had been going anywhere from 1:38 to 1:46 recently, in fact her personal best went back to 11/10/12, with regression immediately following that. Now her personal best is 1:32.28, also her opening 50 was a personal best for that distance as well.

50 Fly : 32.99 – Even at the end of the meet, I think she’ll drop time here.
RESULT: Poor dive, and clearly tired, but still an improvement 32.16. and yet another state cut.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote