View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #362
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Lanier Aquatics Last Change Meet – 2/7-9 @ Lanier Aquatics

There is some confusion as to the order of events in this meet. The sign-up sheet shows one thing, while the psych sheet shows something different. So I’m not sure what order these swims will be in…
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

200 Breast – 2:42.45 – This is probably Brett’s only shot at a state cut, and it really isn’t a good one, considering he’s dropped so much time already and he still needs to cut another 4.2 seconds. He’s been opening his 200s around a 1:18…he’d have to basically hold that pace for the second 100 to get the cut. I don’t see it happening…he does come into this seeded 4.

100 Fly – 1:29.94 – Due to shoulder issues early in the season, Brett has been held out of fly. He’s now back to swimming it (though he still doesn’t practice it as hard as he should). His form is much improved, but because he doesn’t swim it much, he’s strength and confidence in this stroke is lacking.

200 Back – 2:37.54 – Improving soooo much in the back. Still needs to work on keeping the legs out and a steady consistent kick, as well as a faster arm rotation, but this is miles from where it used to be.

100 Free – 1:04.83 – Brett is confident he’s gone 1:02 at practice during interval training, and coach has been busting his chops about kicking harder in practice sets. Hoping he’ll go 1:02…

100 Back – 1:17.21 – See the 200 Back…

50 Free – 31.07 – Couldn’t even venture a guess as to the last time Brett swam this. My vague recollection says it was in October…he could drop some time here…fingers crossed – (I looked it up…his best time is October…last time he swam it was in December…)

100 Breast – 1:17.71 – Though this is Breast and you might think Brett could have a shot at a cut here…you’d be wrong. This race is still short enough that the big kids with bad form can muscle through and post good times. To get a cut in this one Brett would need to drop almost 5 full seconds. He’s just not strong enough to do that yet.

500 Free – 5:59.34 – Dropped 10 seconds in January when he swam it, but he didn’t have anyone giving him signals based on his pace. Might be able to drop a little more with some prodding, but to get a cut, he’d have to drop 32 seconds…(this is where the lack of a good kick kills him)

1000 Free – 12:20.73 – Last swam this in November. He’s improved on his 500 free a bunch in the interim, and his confidence in the long swims has gotten better so he could drop a significant amount of time here, but to get a cut it would have to be just over a full minute. I’m thinking he’ll drop around 30 seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote