View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 04:14 AM   #238
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
So I'm not sure how I am doing. I think I messed up my initial hire, but think my Junior player is doing alright as a stop-gag. I have no idea what to do with my other guy. The first one I hired was probably dumb, my second one isn't great, but Im not sure what I should do.

Peter Lillesoe
Toshiro Arita

Any advice would be helpful. I'm in World 12. I dont understand the training aspect really. I have 89 points to work with. I don't know if I should play every week, play both S/D every week or take some days off. My Junior play seems to have a run of playing well then playing horribly.

Don't have time to post anything substantial but here goes.

Your players should be playing every week. They should be playing practice tournaments (S/D) and playing actual tournaments when their form is about to reach 15 the next week. Typically this means you should be playing a real tournament the week after one where you form is in the 16.3+ to 17+ range.

Choice of tournament is important although a lot less so for juniors. At junior level, you play each level and, once you begin to reach finals or win at that stage, you can begin moving up to the next one. For senior players, seeding is important because it helps your player's chance to reach the later stages of a tournament.

Don't overplay your players. Your goal is to improve your skills to a certain point, not trying to rush a particular ranking. If your player is good enough, he will have a good chance of reaching the ranking his skills should allow him to reach.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote