View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I’m fine with re-building the ladder or looking at other OD options. I enjoy doing an OD as a football fix, even when it gets difficult time wise or even a little boring. The 2 star Dynasty was actually pretty fun and fairly restrictive, but it too was still easy to win and run up scores.

Okay, after reading what you guys said, I'm thinking maybe we do something of a Ladder reboot. I'm just spitballing again, but how about we try something in between the fresh start idea and the full roster recreation in Teambuilder. Each team can start with a common roster for a template, but we can each edit in X number of players from the Ladder (we can settle on what number X might be later). Entering a full roster in teambuilder is a real pain. When we converted from NCAA 2013 to 2014, we were able to advance through the end of recruiting and have a finished roster that we could convert into 2014. Unfortunately, we've lost our entire draft class. (I tried downloading the Recruit info, but the file is empty.)

Quote:
I’m okay with lame teambuilder teams, but don’t really like being all in the same state. Maybe pick a set of states that are available for location.

We can figure something out here. I'd just like to make sure nobody has a major recruiting advantage based on the state their team is located in.

Quote:
I think turning fatigue off will make it easier to steam roll the PCU. Gassing out is usually the only thing that slows me down at all. But I’m willing to try it.

Maybe we can do an experimental OD (no frills) where we have limited Coach pts to allot and turn fatigue off to see how it goes? The guys at Operation Sports swear it makes the game more challenging and you get more injuries.

Quote:
Coaching progress set for us is okay, but I recommend thinking through the right spot. Definitely prefer to get past scouting.

I agree. I like one-shot recruiting. I want to avoid humans having 700 pts per recruit and insta-commit and stuff like that. I want to give the CPU an advantage in recruiting.

Quote:
Not sure how I feel about restricting Athletes, but I can go with that if needed. Maybe restrict Athletes with throwing skills or something like that. Although the more I think about it, if we can recruit all star levels, we are so good at using talent, cutting out athletes seems fine.

Quote:
Sliders are easy, so not sure how people feel in regards to looking at other slider sets. If not, 5 minute quarters suck, especially for head to head. Makes it feel like pee wee football.

Generally, I’m willing to try most scenarios.

Maybe we experiment with 6 minutes (versus 7 that I think Ladder had). I just want to limit the 97-10 games, and maybe give CPU players a shot in the Heisman race.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-06-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote