View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #152
revrew
Team Chaplain

Des Moines Dragons First Quarter Report
Dick Grayson, sports reporter, Des Moines Register

In just four games, it's become clear the 2-2 Des Moines Dragons are already a much-improved team over last season's 4-12 squad.

On defense, the bite has returned, led by a monster DE duo in Ricardo Heuring and Elias Reese, who are thus far the most potent quarterback-harrassing tag team in the NFL. Rookie OLB Bob Clinton has been a boost to the run-stuffing front, while adding a pair of sacks of his own. And fellow rookies in the secondary, FS Gerald Barnes and CB Lee Ross, have earned starting spots on a defense that currently ranks #2 in the NFL in yards allowed.

On offense, the young QB Dakota Corriveau may still be struggling to put TDs on the board, but he is posting career best marks in completion percentage, yards per pass and completion, 300-yard games, and QB rating.

The rebound from two years of bottom feeding is well underway, as GM Jack Ledger's recent string of draft picks seem to be hitting on all cylinders. But that's not to say the rebuild is complete. The Dragons still have an anemic ground attack. And when teams don't respect the run, Corriveau is forced to dump the ball off short or make risky throws deep. Neither of those approaches are currently working for a team that ranks 21st in points scored.

So far, so very, very good. But I catch my eyes drifting to the college game. Is there a running back in Iowa who can fill the gaping hole that remains in Ledger and Coach O'Dea's reboot of Dragons 2.0?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote