View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #155
revrew
Team Chaplain

Des Moines Dragons Hit Halfway
Dick Grayson, sports reporter, Des Moines Register

The baby Dragons (if I may so label them because of their youth) are taking baby steps in the right direction.

QB Dakota Corriveau is enjoying his best season to date, though only by a bit. His current QB rating of 81.5 eclipses that of his rookie year (68.6) and his disastrous sophomore campaign. 2nd-year WR Louis Forbes is outperforming his rookie season in every statistical category. Even the sack squad, DE Elias Reese and DE Ricardo Heuring, are on pace to eclipse last year's sensational first season together.

The team as a whole feels like it's coming along, especially after a pair of wins over winless division opponents.

But I'd hold back on celebrating 5-3 just yet, or thinking about doubling it to 10-6.

This is a Dragons team that has yet to eclipse 30 points in a game. The rushing attack is still as anemic as ever. There's a big difference between baby steps and a playoff run.

But after a pair of ugly seasons, is sure does feel good to be seeing the young playmakers stretch their legs. It's almost as if a run is right around the corner.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote