View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #151
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We practiced through a steady drizzle. The hot, muggy, evening didn't lend itself to a great practice.

On top of that, Ray was out due to a family discipline issue. Ryan was going half-speed because of his knee (and eventually standing off to the side during team offense), and Connor was out due to a hit during tackling. Connor said he felt a some sort of sharp pain in his back and his legs felt weird. At that point, I believe he started to hyper-ventilate. We got him off to the side and calmed down. His mom eventually took him back home. I'm told he's alright now.

So, numerically speaking, we weren't there.

Defensively, we're still struggling, particularly at the corners. Our changes I believe can help us, but the corners still have to make sure they know what their player is doing before trying to help with contain. We completed a few passes on them tonight, which I really don't want to see.

With Ray, Ryan, and Connor out, I was forced to move Nathaniel back to linebacker from corner, to use Nolan at tackle, and have Nick T at the other corner.

Offensively, Layne moved to center. Alex and Nolan became the new right side of our line. It made me weary, but they did decently against the air. Jacob became our 2nd fullback. Ordinarily, I'd use David there, but we're already down two on the offensive line.

That said, not too bad offensively. We're still struggling on pulls and which way. I'm hoping we're getting better at that, though.

I've actually got my fingers crossed at this point that this week's game gets 'rained' out. I wouldn't be upset about it. I'd love another week to prepare and I'd love to get to see our opponent once before playing them.