View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #420
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: WR Tyrone Garner, with the 1st 1000+ yard season of his career, Garner gets my nod for OPotY. Good job!
Defensive Player of the Year: LB Lenny Perry - 2nd on the team in solo tackles, grabbed 3.5 sacks, had great pasdef, he did a lot for me and I respect that. Thanks Lenny!
Special Teams Player of the Year: P Orozco - He had a solid and productive year.
Rookie of the Year: We had 6 starters with rookieness. Which one was the best? DE Bates led the team in sacks, CB Pirtle was 2nd in picks, WR Parrish led the team with 10 receiving TD, OT Hackney was 2nd in KRB and OG Dreyfuss was 3rd without the glaring hole in pass blocking. I’m going with DE Jermaine Bates who gave us a pulse in the rushing the passer game. Good job!
Heart Award: DE Pat England - This lousy UFA DE who will leave us at the end of the year, was 2nd on the team with 5.5 sacks despite never starting a game. That is exactly the sort of performance that the Heart Award was created to reward and acknowledge.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote