View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #441
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - We win against Jacksonville 20-7. This must be a chump conference. Rookie and top pick LB Damon Alexander is Game MVP with 11 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and a fumble recovery. Farr has two more sacks. Garrison had 88 yards on 25 carries. Much better. Dunlap was knocked out of the game in the early third quarter. James, his replacement, looked good with 14 of 18, 171, 1:1 ratio. To be fair, Dunlap was 12 of 20 for 141 1:0 before leaving. Shores and Robertson each had TD catches.

We are currently way in front of the AFC Central, with a record of 4-1. The next best is Pittsburgh and Jacksonville at 2-3. I mean, what a bad conference. If we actually win the division this year with such a lousy team, I’m gonna be pissed. I want higher draft picks!

Week 6 - Oh look, we beat one win Detroit 26-7. LB Nate Wallace is knocked to doubtful. S Arnie L was Game MVP again with 2 picks. Wilbur added a pick. Shores had 7 catches for 120 yards and a TD. Garrison was held to 65 yards on 22 carries. Dunlap was 24 of 33 for 291, 1:0.

You know, Shane Dunlap has not been playing that poorly for a two year patch. Too bad he is in his 10th year. He continues at this rate, and I may consider keeping him around longer, you know?

Week 7 - BYE

Albuquerque is 5-1 and Richmond is 5-2.

Week 8 - We narrowly defeat the Ravens 13-10. DT Donny Poole is Game MVP with the game’s lone sack, 7 tackles. Garrison had 70 yards on 20 carries and a TD. Dunlap had 11 of 23 for 162 and 0:0. Neither did well, but neither had the ball as much as they sometimes do. Wilbur had a pick. OG Peters had 4 KRB.

Week 9 - We lose to the resurgent Jaguars 10-17. We are 6-2, and they are 6-3. Bart Stewart caught a Shane Dunlap pass for a score. Garrison had 100 yards on 23 carries. Dunlap had 3 picks (yuck).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote