Head Coach

First Round Day 6

Charlotte at New Jersey

Series tied 1-1

CHA:NJN
83:79 OVR
77:79 OFF
81:80 DEF

After two games that were close into the final minutes in Charlotte, we head up to New Jersey, needing to steal one at their house to get the edge back.

First Quarter

Charlotte 32
New Jersey 28

We get off to another fast start, and its a high scoring quarter that we lead the entire 12 minutes. Padgett has 8, Augustin 8, Allen 6, Wallace 6. Devin Harris plays great and has 7 points/3 assists, no one else has more than 4.

Shooting %'s are ridiculously high this quarter, New Jersey 57%, Charlotte 52%.

Second Quarter

New Jersey 58
Charlotte 51

Well we came back down to earth a bit here but the Nets really didn't. Devin Harris is in control of the game here, he'sthe player of the half with 16 points and 7 assists. Chad O'Connor has been the big beneficiary today, he's got 13 points including 3-3 from 3. Outlaw 10 points.

On our end, its the Padgett and Augustin show. Padgett has 16 points/6 boards. Augustin has 14 points. Wallace 6, Allen 6, Felton 4... we need to get more players involved, espicially Gerald Wallace. And we need to play some damn defense.

Third Quarter

New Jersey 83
Charlotte 71

This is pretty much the opposite of the 3rd quarter from game 2. We start off fast and cut the lead down to 1, then New Jersey turns it up another notch and we cannot keep up. Harris picked up two quick fouls and sat but O'Connor, Outlaw and Howard kept them going. O'Connor 17, Harris 16, Outlaw 15, Howrad 12 now. They just aren't missing, ever.

On our end Padgett is having a career type day, 22 points/7 boards so far. Augustin 16, Wallace 10, Allen 8. We just cannot stop them. New Jersey is shooting 55% for the game with 42 points in the paint and 8/13 from 3. 8/13!!!!

Fourth Quarter

7:30 to go - 92-79 new JErsey. Padgett has 27 but Douglas-Roberts has 2 threes and they continue to shoot lights out.

4:25 to go - Its 94-86 after a 7-2 run on our part, we have it under 10 for the first time in awhile. The problem, besides the fact that there's less than 5 minutes left, is that we could have had a 15-2 run here easily. Wallace, Felton and Henderson have combined for 4 misses driving to the basket on moves I would normally expect them to score off of.

3:50 to go - We get a great stop, Henderson is out on the break and beats his man but misses a runner off the rim... unbelievable.

2:50 to go - We cut it to 6 on an Augustin layin after Sparks gets a great block. But howard hits a wide open jumper on the next play. 96-88, our ball. I get a timeout and get all starters back in.

2:20 to go - Padgett is fouled and makes 1 of 2. We get a miss and Wallace is on the run, he's fouled by outlaw and Outlaw fouls out. Wallace hits both and its 96-91. New Jersey goes small with Terrence Williams at PF.

2:00 to go - Padgett fouls Dalembert inside and he only makes 1 of 2. I go quickly to Allen for a midrange jumper that goes in. Its now 97-93!!

Oh man... we get a stop, i block a shot controlling Ray Allen which felt pretty damn good, but Felton throws a bad pass and a turnover leads to a trip to the line for Devin Harris. He only makes 1 of 2 and we trail by 5 with about 1:30 left, i go to Padgett, they doubleteam and I try to feed Chandler who is open after the doubleteam, but the pass is tipped and we throw it away on two straight trips. Devin Harris ends the game with a 3 point play after that TO.

New Jersey 103
Charlotte 93

Padgett 28 points/9 boards
Augustin 20 points
Allen 13 points (3-7 from 3)
Wallace 12 points/8 boards/4 assists
Felton 8 points/8 assists
Diaw 5 points
Chandler 3 points/7 boards
Sparks 2 points/4 boards
Henderson 2 points

Devin Harris leads the Nets with 20 points and 8 assists. O'Connor has 19 points/6 assists, Howard 16, Outlaw 15. New Jersey shoots 9/16 from 3 and ends up at 49% for the game from the field.

We fall behind in the series 2-1 after trailing for the entire second half.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote