Head Coach

First Round Day 8

Charlotte at New Jersey

New Jersey leads 2-1

CHA:NJN
83:79 OVR
77:79 OFF
81:80 DEF

Though game 3 was close'ish towards the end, it was the least contested of our 3 games so far. We'll look to play some defense today. Just a little.

First Quarter

Charlotte 29
New Jersey 18

I didn't try to run any early, wanting to establish some pace and some defense instead of a crazy up and down game, it seemed to work. We went into Padgett early and often, for a few minutes never taking a shot until he got a look. He's 6-10 and leads everyone with 12 points, a great quarter. Augustin has a trey and 7 points total. Chandler 5, Allen 3, Wallace 2 to round out our scoring. This is perfect offense to me, every single point is in the paint or behind the arc(or at the line).

Devin Harris had a hand in nearly every point New Jersey scored, putting up 8 points and assisting on 3 other buckets. No one but Harris has more than 2.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 51
New Jersey 42

We lead by as much as 13, and the cut it as close as 5, but we get it to 9 as the half ends. Padgett is the player of the half with 14 points/4 boards. They started doubling him quickly in the second quarter and i had to go elsewhere. Augustin has 11. Wallace, Allen, felton, and Chandler all have 5. Chandler has 8 boards. Felton did pick up his 3rd foul with about 4 minutes to go in the quarter.

For the Nets, Chad O'Connor came in and shot lights out backing up Harris for a stretch. He's 5-5 and has 10 points. Harris has 9 points/5 assists, Terrence Wiliams 6, Lee 5.

After hitting 9 3's in game 2, New Jersey is 0 for 4 from three so far today.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 81
New Jersey 60

AWWW YEAH. I was worried when Felton picked up his 4th foul less than a minute into the quarter. I was more worried when Augustin picked up his 3rd seconds after he came into the game to replace Felton. But we settled down, Augustin played all 12 minutes of the quarter and we dominated.

Padgett leads everyone with 22. Augustin 15, Allen and Chandler 8 each. For the Nets, O'Connor has 12, Harris 11, and 3 guys have 8 each. We would seem to have this locked up.

Fourth Quarter

No need for 4th quarter details. We never let them closer than 20 and coast to a win.

Charlotte 103
New Jersey 78

Padgett: 30 points/5 boards/2 blocks
Augustin: 18 points/6 assists
Felton: 10 points
Wallace: 9 points/7 boards
Allen: 8 points
Chandler: 8 points/12 boards
Diaw: 8 points/5 boards
Sparks: 6 points/7 boards
Henderson: 4 points
Vujacic: 2 points

After the offensive explosion we allowed last game, we hold New Jersey under 20 points in the 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters(18 each time). A dominating performance that ties the series back up at 2 as we head back to Charlotte for game 5. Two stellar games from Padgett in a row as well, this is what I expected with a poor defender like Travis Outlaw on him all series.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote