View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #220
Radii
Head Coach

hooray for data analysis applications that take 5 hours to run. Time for another game!

First Round Day 10

New Jersey at Charlotte

Series Tied 2-2

CHA:NJN
83:79 OVR
77:79 OFF
81:80 DEF

Though game 3 was close'ish towards the end, it was the least contested of our 3 games so far. We'll look to play some defense today. Just a little.

First Quarter

Charlotte 32
New Jersey 27

Devin harris picks up 2 fouls midway through the first and sits. Its frustrating, the total number of fouls/free throws aren't unreasonable but Harris himself gets in so much trouble. Anyway, Josh Howard 7, Williams 6, Outlaw 6 for the Nets. Padgett is on fire again today and has 8 in the first, Felton, Wallace, Allen and Sparks all have 5. There's very very little defense this quarter on either side.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 60
New Jersey 56

We score first to make it 34-27. New Jersey goes on an 11-0 run before we get going. We pull back ahead and lead by 3 to 6 for the final 7 minutes of the quarter. Padgett is trying to improve on his recent performances, he has 17 already. Allen 8, Felton 7, Augustin and Diaw 6. Sparks and Wallace have 5 each.

Devin Harris is scoreless but he picks up 7 assists. O'Connor has 13 points, Williams 12, Outlaw 8. Shooting percentages are ridiculously high on both sides, we're at 65% heh.

Third Quarter

New Jersey 88
Charlotte 87

New Jersey goes on a big run and takes a lead as big as 5 points, 77-72. We keep it close though and its just a 1 point game going into the 4th quarter. Padgett is 13-20 and has 27 points, only 2 boards, and 2 blocks. Allen 14, Augustin 9, Felton 9, Diaw 8, Sparks 7. Wallace has been totally ineffective today and only has 5 points.

Harris scored 10 in the 3rd and has a double double now. Howard leads them with 18, Outlaw 14, o'connor 13. They break down the defense very well and anyone can hit the open jumpers that they generate.

Fourth Quarter

9:00 to go - We score the first 5 of the quarter and re-take the lead. Currently its 94-90.

6:30 to go - Gerald Wallace is just not giving us anything today. He misses two straight shots and New Jersey ties it up before we get a 3 point play from Ray Allen. We lead 97-94.

4:05 to go - 101-99, New Jersey has taken the lead. Padgett only has two this quarter,we need to get back to him it would seem.

3:25 to go - Chandler draws a foul but only makes 1 of 2. Its 101-100. Wallace sits, exhausted and ineffective. Felton and Augustin and Allen are all very tired and losing effectiveness too. I've got Augustin set to sit for Vujacic for a bit. allen is done.

2:15 to go - Padgett gives us the lead back, but O'Connor hits a 3 on their next trip and its 104-102 New Jersey.

1:30 to go - After each team comes up empty, we get a layin from Chandler and tie it up, 104-104. Each team had a good number of timeouts left, we've taken 1 and New Jersey 2, enough to rest us up and get Felton/Augustin/Wallace/padgett/Chandler on the floor hopefully for the duration.

1:03 to go - Outlaw makes a very difficult shot in the paint over Padgett and Chandler both. 106-104 Nets. We call a timeout.

0:33 to go - Felton drives but cannot finish, Harris drives on their end and cannot finish. We settle in and get the ball to Padgett, and he comes through again for us, tying it up 106-106.

0:22 to go - Felton reaches in on Harris, and he drains 2 at the line, 108-106 Nets.

On our end, we get Augustin a good look, any other player would have been able to drive all the way to the rim but Augustin is so undersized, he pulls up from spots where most players start a drive animation. The defense gets to him and he ends up taking a very tough shot in the lane and its no good.

We foul, they only make 1 of 2 and we have 8 seconds to set up for a 3. I get a good look from Augustin, not totally contested, in a spot that he likes pretty well, but its off the front rim and we cannot seem to get the upper hand in this series.

New Jersey 109
Charlotte 106

Padgett: 33 points/3 boards/3 blocks
Allen: 20 points
Diaw: 10 points
Augustin: 9 points/5 assists
Felton: 9 points/7 assists
Sparks: 9 points/7 boards
Chandler: 7 points/9 boards
Wallace: 5 points/4 boards
Henderson: 4 points

O'Connor leads the Nets with 21. Outlaw and Howard both have 18. Harris has 14 points/13 assists, still a solid outing despite missing most of the first quarter. He did log 41 minutes by the time it was all done.

i'm not happy with my play in the 4th quarter. Padgett was tired and sat the first 4 or 5 minutes, and I tried to get Wallace going and he just wasn't going to score for us today. Once Padgett came back in and I was struggling on offense there were a few possessions where I thought Felton had a step on his man and could make something happen and we came up empty, and the second to last offensive trip where Augustin had a lane but couldn't get to the rim before help came and it turned into a bad shot. Just too many possessions where our offense was struggling and I took other options instead of getting Padgett a look. He was 2-5 in the 4th quarter, so he did miss a few himself in only getting those 4 points.

Padgett's rebounding is down because Outlaw plays for a lot of mid-range and long range jumpers. Chandler/Sparks more than make up for it, and Wallace is a strong rebounder if he ends up near the rim as well.

We trail 3-2 and now have to go back up to New Jersey for game 6.

Last edited by Radii : 01-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote