View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #221
Radii
Head Coach

A couple notes on this series being tough after seeing me destroy LA and Cleveland and the like during the regular season:

1) I did drop the shooting sliders late in the season. I wanted to do it earlier but there are a lot of runs and multi-game streaks in this game so I was a little hesitant. But our shooting %'s in games I played were just far, far too high and they needed to come down. So that helps to generate more reasonable shooting for me.

2) The patch came out in the middle of this season. In my game against the Lakers pre-patch Kobe would drive and pass repeatedly. Playing that game now would be a lot different.

3) Allen and Diaw have been getting more and more unahppy as the season progressed. I am not sure how that impacts team play but if it does at all then we would be progressively sliding back, just slowly i'm sure, but yeah.

I think what we're seeing in the playoffs is a more reasonable picture of where this team really is than the regular season performance. And that place is pretty damn good, considering that we just got rid of a few crappy contracts last year and are getting rid of more this year, and STILL probably won't have Diop's awful deal gone until next season. So getting into the playoffs at all for the last two years is solid.

I still think we can beat the Nets, don't take this as me writing off the season or anything, its just more of an explanation of why I don't think its totally unreasonable that we're struggling against a .500 team.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote