USA vs Ireland
Stormont – T20 friendly
April 8th, 2013
Toss: Ireland wins and will bat first

1st innings
Ireland Batting
Overs: 20
Runs/wickets: 215/8 – 10.75 per over

Porterfield – 19 runs on 9 balls, 1 four, 2 sixes (caught out)
Stirling – 59 on 29, 7 fours, 2 sixes (run out)
Joyce – 67 on 35, 11 fours, 1 six (caught out)
O’Brien – 7 on 7, 1 four, (run out)
Wilson – 27 on 15, 2 fours, 2 sixes (bowled out)
Cusack – 12 on 10, 2 fours (LBW out)
Johnston – 7 on 4, 1 four (LBW out)
Mooney – 7 on 5, 1 six (bowled out)
Sorensen – 4 on 3 (-)
Murtagh – 1 on 3 (-)
Did not bat: Dockrell

USA Bowling
Hutchinson – 4 overs, 48/1 (runs/wickets)
Ghous – 4 overs, 58/0
McGarrell – 4 overs, 32/2
Allen – 2 overs, 16/2
Bartley – 4 overs, 38/1
Baker – 2 overs, 23/2

1st innings
USA Batting
Overs: 20
Runs/wickets: 94/4 – 4.70 per over

Taylor – 36 on 42, 3 fours (caught out)
Massiah – 34 on 45, 2 fours, 1 six (bowled out)
Mishra – 4 on 8 (caught out)
Marshall – 12 on 17, 1 six (-)
Baker – 3 on 4 (caught out)
Bartley – 1 on 4 (-)
Did not bat: Allen, Corns, McGarrell, Hutchinson, Ghous

Ireland Bowling
Murtagh – 4 overs, 20/1, 1 maiden
Dockrell – 4 overs, 20/0
Johnston – 4 overs, 17/1
Sorensen – 4 overs, 18/1
O’Brien – 2 overs, 12/0
Cusack – 2 overs, 7/1

MOM: Joyce - Ireland

Amazingly we got more wickets than Ireland, but fell way short in the power department as they walloped 8 sixes (when a ball is knocked over the fence on the fly on any part of the pitch it counts as an automatic 6 runs. A four is a ball hit past the boundary line on either the bounce, or a grounder and is an automatic 4 runs) Once again Allen was our most effective Bowler in limited overs. (An over is a series of 6 balls or pitches, so 2 overs means Allen basically threw 12 pitches) Power or aggression is a valued commodity in T20 matches and Ireland has plenty. Due to the limited pool of cricketeers in the US, it will be hard for me to find that. Next up we open our Division 3 campaign with the limited overs match away to Denmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I have no idea what any of this means, but I am excited about it.

LOL, I am learning as I go. I added some descriptions above and on some of the other stats I list are below.

On batting 36 on 42 would mean a batter accounted for 36 runs on 42 balls (pitches) before he was put out. Each batter can hit until he is put out or an innings is declared (this is a voluntary ending to the innings in unlimited overs play (matches in unlimited last up to 4 days) and used to save time when a team is ahead to insure the match is complete.

Out descriptions
LBW = Leg before wicket, basically the ball hits the batter anywhere on his body, except the glove holding the bat this action prevents it from hitting the wicket.

Caught out = a ball caught on the fly

Bowled out = The bowler knocks the wicket down with a ball that either the batter misses, or a ball that hit the wicket after the batter makes contact,

Run out = A fielder retrieves a ball and either knocks down the wicket with his throw or his throw is caught and the fielder that caught it knocks a wicket over before the batters gets safely back past his line.

In an T20 match, 4 overs (series of six balls each) is the maximum a bowler can throw. The numbers (17/1 as an example) indicates the number of runs a bowler concedes, followed by the number of wickets (outs) recorded while he is bowling.

A maiden is an over in which the opposing batter(s) account for no runs on their 6 balls.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-30-2014 at 10:26 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote