View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I'm trying to figure this out. So, each side is limited to 50 overs (300 total throws), and the US lost this last match essentially because it was inefficient in scoring runs, even though very few of the batters were put out or whatever the correct term is? Does that mean the problem is something like a lack of power? They make contact but are unable to drive the ball enough to score multiple runs when they hit it?

Pretty much spot on, my bowlers outperformed theirs in terms of wickets (outs) but they still got all 50 overs since I didn't get 10 of them.

Mwita was the best bowler of the match, because even though he recorded no outs, he kept the ball in tight where we could not run. The 2 maidens means he bowled 2 overs where we did not score at all, which is really just as good as getting an out.

If I had gotten 10 outs on them in say the 42nd over, their at bat would have ended right there and I would have still had 50 to win. Power is key in limited overs matches, since you have limited balls. If this game was an unlimited overs match, which goes 2 innings each over 4 days, I likely would have run away with it since they could not get me out. (In these games you just bat until you are put out 10 times)

Last edited by BYU 14 : 04-02-2014 at 06:01 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote