View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #35
Blade
College Prospect

I was sitting in my office, head in my hands, as John Mackey stormed through the door.

“What the Hell was that?”

I looked at him, his face becoming quite red. I sat there for a second, unsure of what to say. Never in my wildest dreams, or nightmare, did I expect to see a game like I had just seen out of these Raiders. I finally composed myself.

“I am not sure. We knew that they had some weapons, and the New Orleans defence just gave up. This team has more guts than I had given them credit for, anyway. But, I guess, we need to look at the bright side. This is our team, and regardless of the fact that they will be moved, and players will be dumped, this is the core, and the fact that they have this in them is a good sign.”

Mackey sat down and rubbed his face.

“I know, Bear. But, Hell, this is not going to help our case in the off-season. It is games like this that rally a city around the team, and if they are at the point where they are ready to accept all kinds of crazy stadium deals, well, our plans are out the window. And what did Moss have? Like 200 yards?”

I nodded. “Something like that. Let’s face it, Jordan and Moss are playmakers. They are good enough that the entire offence can jump on their backs and be carried. By no means is this team good enough to win a Super Bowl, but they are good enough that an above .500 season is not out of the question.”

“Something needs to be done, Bear.”

I looked at Mackey helplessly.

“What can we do? We can’t dismantle the team at this juncture, or it will be obvious that we are sabotaging them, and that is press that we may never recover from.”

Mackey smiled. “Don’t worry, I will figure out something.”

I didn’t like that look in his eye.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote