View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #105
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, right now, there is weirdness in the Rison set. There are multiple cards rated high 70s, that would ordinarily sell for something like 3 to 5000 coins. And, fairly randomly, a few of them have been selected in the moment for a much higher price… 15,000, 20,000, 40,000. Is this sustainable? I don’t think so. But this is a complicated group dynamic… What is the white right way for these cards to respond in a true free market place, where there is no particular scarcity among these components?

For the moment, let’s assume that the cost of the more expensive components in the rise and set are basically fixed. Not necessarily true, but it simplifies this discussion. Then we have some thing like 15 low value cards, of which a person needs all of them to complete the set. Each individual card should probably sell for 2000 3000 or 4000 coins. But the aggregated value, based on the worth of the cards returned by completing the set, makes the 15 cards collectively worth something more like 100,000 or more… Rather than just 15×3 or 4000. So, we end up with these oddities. Momentarily, a particular card becomes scarce, or simply unavailable, and it is an opportunity for profiteering. But, it should be unsustainable… There’s nothing specific to this 77 rated tackle that makes him worth 20,000, and another 77 card currently in reasonable supply. So, I have the patience, and the intellectual curiosity, to sit and wait and watch. Some people do not, particularly on the patients front, and they will see that the cheapest price that player is 18,000 cards and buy him for that price.

I suspect I will end up perched on the periphery of the rise and set for sometime ahead, it has all the makings of a market that should stay hot for a while… Wide receiver is a very important and high profile position in the game, Rison is a very good wide receiver among the best in the game right now, Rison has the ability to connect to five or six different franchise theme teams, that makes both his 90 rated for card and his 77 rated power up card truly valuable for sometime. People are going to want these cards, they are going to want to complete the set, and there will be continued demand for all these component parts… I’m not sure that I can make a bunch of money in the next few hours finding the specific cards for cheap and selling them for high prices, but over the course of days and days the tables might easily turn… Some of the cards that I have bought recently for two and three and 4000… Those might eventually turn into the relatively scarce cards and be selling for eight or 18,000.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote