View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #726
Radii
Head Coach

Contract Updates

We have a large number of player's contracts expiring and are kinda unsure how to handle many of them going forward! As has been suggested, if we demote back down we won't have as big a transfer budget next year.

-- DLR/ML Adriano is a one year rental, he's gone. ($23,500/wk currently)

-- DMC/MC Hassan Yebda is a one year rental, he's gone. ($13,000/wk)

-- DC Alex Bruce is gone. ($10,750/wk)

-- MC Paul Coutts will turn 31 before next year and he makes too much for a backup with his skills, he's gone. ($17,250/wk)

-- DLC Zeki Fryers hates being here, despite seemingly having what it takes to be a decent backup. He's gone. ($23,000/wk)

-- DR/MR Sylvain Berthet is struggling some this year and has been hurt some this year, but he's still a clear starter when fully healthy. He'll take the same rate he makes now plus a signing bonus of $375,000. He wants to add 3 years to his deal. I try to get him to take a smaller signing bonus but he's a guy we're going to want to keep.

-- MC Gordon Donnelly makes about as much as anyone on the team, but he's 24 y/o and putting up one of the better and more consistent ratings this year, we need him. He wants a relegation release clause of $10M that I try to remove from the offer.

-- ST Matthew Khan makes $49,500/wk. The switch to the 4-4-1-1 has been weird since it keeps either Khan or Constantino on the bench. But he's still one of my best players and I feel I ought to hold on to him. I don't make an immediate offer though.

-- AMC/MR Neil Gordon wants $24,500/wk, that's a small raise from the $20,000/wk he makes now. I lower it just a bit.

-- ST Rob Lewis is really cheap but again I wonder if I should maybe sell him. He's not a target man type with poor jumping and poor heading, so he fits the same type of striker role that Constantino and Khan do without the speed. I'm seriously considering trying to sell him since he just doesn't get the first team reps for me. He's not going to improve to be better than Constantino or Khan and if we drop back down we'll be back in a spot where loaning people in becomes reasonable again. I go ahead and offer him out to other clubs to see if I can make a bit of money. I probably should have done this last year as soon as I brought in Constantino.

-- We're actually letting go more than I expected.

December 26th, 2018

Nottingham Forest(3-7-9, 17th) @ Ipswich(2-2-15, 19th)

We're 7:2 to get a win here today, 9:4 to draw, they're 4:6 favorites. They beat us 2:1 in the season opener at their place. They've spent some time in the championship and we are 4-2-6 lifetime against them. They're the first team out of a relegation position currently and we're 8 points behind them, so I think its fair to say that this match is of critical importance at this stage in the season.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Fryers/Brown/McKerr
M: Adriano/Donnelly/Mariga/Berthet
AMC: Gordon
ST: Constantino

ST Ivan Popov leads them with 6 goals.

Back to a starting quality midfield today, Berthet starts at MR, Gordon AMC since Kang has been so vexing.

4': Shit. So so frustrating First highlight of the match, long pass upfield, a quick pass to the middle, Kirkland is just caught out completely and midfielder Aqbarov gets behind him, receives a pass and puts a shot by Murphy. Just instant failure. 0-1

5': We try to attack but they win a ball in the midfield, there's another long pass up ahead, this one down the left side and McKerr isn't there! Come on guys! Its their second clear cut chance of the first 5 minutes but this time Murphy gets in front of it and makes the stop. They earn a corner... then a second corner... then a throwin before we clear.

16': We have a free kick 40 yards out to the right. Gordon sends a cross into the area, Mariga gets up in space, gets his head to it, and drills it by the keeper!! Great goal!! 1-1

19': We counter attack after winning a ball in defense, a long ball up to Constantino, he runs out wide left and waits for help, passes back to Kirkland, Kirkland with a low ball into the area, Neil Gordon is there and he redirects it goalward... and scores!!! The keeper dives to his left but can't stop the shot. 2-1

42': We have one offensive highglight otherwise we see 20+ minutes just fly by.

44': They have a throwin in our end, a hard low cross is played into the area after the throw by Fryers heads it away. They push it back forward, a pass going to ST Popov, he turns and spots their scorer Aqbarov cutting in from the right again... its on Kirkland again, the ball goes forward, Kirkland loses his man, and he buries it low by Murphy. 2-2

HALF: I don't see how Kirkland doesn't have a 5.0 rating, but he's not taking the blame specifically for these goals apparently. When I watch it looks to me like he's losing sight of his man and getting burned. I've got us playing a deep line to try to specifically prevent that type of thing but they're just beating it. We got two really strong goals though to make this a really exciting match so far. They're definitely the aggressor, with 8 shots, 3 on target and 3 clear cut chances. We've got 3 shots, 2 on target for 2 goals. Possession is exactly 50/50, stats are all even with each team right around 60% in the air, an area where we've struggled.

51': Donnelly picks up a yellow.

54': Berthet tries a shot from out right, its blocked and we earn a corner. They clear very easily. We win the ball and pass back to Murphy to reset the possession.

56': They win the ball and build up down the right side, their star Aqbarov burns Kirkland again, this time making a run deep down the right side before sending a cross in. Troy Brown takes the blame for missing a header here and midfielder Chris Curtis heads it by Murphy to lose not only our lead but draw as well. 2-3

64': Midfielder Curtis with a yellow for Nottingham.

66': Guarin in for Kirkland. Guarin ML, Adriano back to DL. I would have done that at halftime but I honestly don't think Adriano will do any better. With 3 goals being driven by the same guy though I feel like I have to try something.

68': Berthet comes down with an injury.. he can stay in but we'll see how bad it is later.

74': Kang in for Berthet, Kang AMC, Gordon MR.

77': Troy Brown FTL. We win a ball on the right side, McKerr passes to Brown. Brown stands around waiting for someone to pass to, but their striker Popov attacks him aggressively, steals the ball away, rushes the keeper and shoots, scoring very easily. 2-4

77': Khan in for Constantino.

82': Yellow for midfielder Muamba. Gordon with a free kick from 35 yards out but its into the wall.

That'll do it.

Ipswich 2 : 4 Nottingham Forest

That was a tough one. Kirkland ended with a 6.9 rating but I felt it should have been much worse. Our DC's however got what they deserved.

Goals: Gordon (7.7), Mariga (7.5)
Assists: Kirkland (6.9), Gordon

Murphy 5.9, Brown 5.3, Fryers 5.7, Adriano 5.8, Constantino 5.8.

Nottingham Forest move up a place. We are now 8 behind Huddersfield for 18th and 9 behind Wolves for 17th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote